Happy new year, y’all!
Way back when it was still 2020, I actually managed to keep track of (almost) all the books I read, and like always I’ve made lists and awards! I have my Top 6 Books list, my Honorable Mentions list, and my Old Favorites list. None of these are in any particular order.
So, I read 128 books this year, 40% of which were books I’d never read. Yes, I have too much time on my hands. What can I do? Here’s the complete list.
And now for the awards!
First, Old Favorites:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortuante Events
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Rick Riordan
- The Hunger Games trilogy
Honorable Mentions go to
- At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald. Fiction.
- A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali by Gil Courtemanche. Fiction.
- Fall and Rise: The Story of 9/11 by Mitchell Zuckoff. Nonfiction.
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L Sanchez. Fiction.
- Taduno’s Song by Odafe Atogun. Fiction.
- Thank You for Arguing by Jay Heinrichs. Nonfiction.
- All Rivers Run to the Sea by Elie Wiesel. Nonfiction.
- A Human Being Died That Night by Pumla Gobodo-Madikizela. Nonfiction.
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald. Fiction.
- My Traitor’s Heart by Rian Malan. Nonfiction.
And the Top 6 Books of 2020 are…
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles. Fiction.
- The Outsiders by SJ Hinton. Fiction.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. Fiction.
- Dreyer’s English by Benjamin Dreyer. Nonfiction.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. Fiction.
These are all really awesome books! Enjoy, and comment below with recommendations for my 2021 book list!